As a marketing professional, you probably see lots of click-bait attempts to get your attention every day. Thanks for clicking this one; I promise I won’t waste your time.
As a marketing professional in Philly, you should be a member of AMA Philadelphia. The American Marketing Association is the essential community for marketers. Our local chapter is a gem of a resource, run by dedicated volunteers looking to give back to the marketing community. With no further ado, here’s why you should consider becoming a member.
- Access to an incredible community. With hundreds of members, AMA Philadelphia is one of the largest AMA chapters in the country. Think of it as an instant network of local experts who can help you make valuable connections. Whether you’re looking for a job, a team, vendors or just to get to know more people, joining AMA Philadelphia is a great place to start.
- Industry news and resources that are actually helpful. Have you checked out www.ama.org lately? AMA National launched a new website, and it is chock full of helpful tools and resources. Members have access to everything from a daily email customized with the industry news you need to helpful articles on from branding, digital marketing, career resources and more.
- Marketing Leadership Series events. If you prefer learning from experts face to face, AMA Philadelphia has you covered with the Marketing Leadership Series. These events, held four times each year, bring industry leaders from big-name brands (like Google, Astra-Zeneca, The Goddard School, etc.) to share insights and proven strategies. No matter the topic, you’re sure to walk away with new knowledge to spark fresh ideas.
- Super Bowl Smackdown. For marketers, the Super Bowl is like… well, the Super Bowl of advertising. We’re watching for the commercials (and maybe also some football). Each February, AMA Philadelphia hosts Super Bowl Smackdown, where the best spots go head-to-head, with reactions from an expert panel and an opportunity to voice your opinion and vote on the winners. It’s always a fan-favorite event!
- Marketing Mix @ 6. Throughout the year, the chapter hosts networking events that are just that. No obligations, just dedicated time and space at a local bar where you can meet those incredible chapter members referenced above, and non-members too. Not only are these events a lot of fun, they can also be really productive. As a result of past events, jobs have been secured, vendor relationships have been formed and who knows what other valuable connections have been made. The best part? Marketing Mix @ 6 events are free for members!
- State of the Industry. Each spring, AMA Philadelphia brings the experts and their knowledge directly to you in the State of Marketing Address. Whether you’re planning for the next year or next quarter, you don’t want to miss this opportunity to stay at the forefront of the next big thing. Register now! **If you become a members during our Membership Drive (through May 12), you’ll get extra savings on this event!**
- Members-only access and content. With your membership, you can log into ama.org for extra resources like jobs boards, tools and more. Keep an eye out also for exclusive members-only opportunities to meet our keynote speakers at local events. Not only do members pay less to attend all of the chapter’s events, you’ll also qualify for discounted member pricing in Baltimore, DC and Richmond with our One Chapter Alliance.
- Discounts to vendors and partner programs. A membership to AMA comes with some great financial perks. If you’re looking to add some education to your resume, you can save big on certificate programs. The chapter also offers some local deals from our amazing sponsors.
- Savings for groups and multi-year memberships. Looking for more ways to save? You can save up to x% if you join with friends or colleagues with a group membership. If you’re solo but still want to save, you can take advantage of multiyear discounts.
- Joining is easier than ever. With new streamlined pricing and a single signup for national and the local chapter, you’ll be on your way to getting all these great perks before you can say “AMA Philadelphia!” Learn more!
And now, a special opportunity: If you join AMA Philadelphia this week, now through May 12, you’ll receive a special promo code for big savings on your ticket to our State of Marketing Address.
We will reach out to all new members on Monday, May 13 with the promo code. If you sign up and would like your code sooner, email me your membership confirmation.