RISING STAR AWARD
The AMA Philadelphia Rising Star Award is intended to recognize emerging leaders in marketing whose records reflect ongoing and exceptional growth in contribution to the profession and increased levels of leadership and responsibility. Successful candidates will have not yet reached a senior-level position, but their track-record should reflect a strong potential for appointment at the highest levels of the profession.
Nominations are due by January 19 and the Award will be made at the discretion of the AMA Philadelphia Recognition Selection Committee.
Nominations for the Rising Star Award should be submitted with the candidate’s knowledge and permission. It is the responsibility of the nominator to summarize the nominee’s achievements and growth in professional stature and accomplishments in sufficient detail to document why this individual should be recognized as a “rising star” in the profession. All nominations must contain sufficient information to inform the selection process without additional research. Nominations are open to marketers with 3 to 10 years of experience from the professional or academic field located in the Greater Philadelphia Region, Eastern PA, South Jersey, and Delaware.
Nominations must include:
- Nominee’s Current Resume (preferred) or URL to LinkedIn Profile
- Submission of up to two (2) letters of recommendation that includes a description of how the nominee fulfills the criteria described in Guidelines and Eligibility
- Submission of up to two (2) supporting documents
Guidelines and Eligibility
- Candidates must be marketers with 3 to 10 years of experience from the professional or academic field.
- Candidates may not have attained the rank of Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), or other executive position such as Vice-President at an organization.
- Candidates must have demonstrated exceptional and ongoing achievements, and have made significant and demonstrable contributions to their profession.
- All nomination materials must be submitted no later than January 19, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates will be judged on 3 primary factors:
- Description of the individual role played by the candidate and the resulting positive outcomes in projects, publications, activities, or initiatives that in total demonstrate exceptional early and ongoing achievement.
- Evidence that the candidate’s contributions are having a sustained and positive impact on his or her company, organization, and/or the marketing profession as a whole.
- Evidence that the candidate’s portfolio of work and resulting successes points to increasing levels of responsibility, both internal and external to the company/organization.
- Sharon Aitcheson, Senior Account Manager at Mitchell & Resnikoff, and former board member and president of AMA Philadelphia
- Myles Bristowe, Vice President of Marketing Strategy at PSCU, former board member and president of AMA Boston, and past member of the AMA International Board of Directors
- Bob Clark, Vice President at Herr Foods, adjunct professor at Drexel University, and former board member and president of AMA Philadelphia
- Dawn Pelon, Managing Partner at Think3 Marketing, Managing Director at Point2 Performance, former Head of Brand Marketing Communications at CNH International, and former board member and president of AMA Philadelphia
- Nancy Phelan, Senior Vice President for Life Sciences Commercial Growth at Outcome Health, former Head of Worldwide Commercial Operations at Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Matt Roberts, Principal Consultant at Swiftward, and former board member and president of AMA Philadelphia
Questions? Contact Jenna Armato, VP of Recognition Programs.